Your end of year to-do list usually includes where to have the big holiday party, how many lights to put up in the office and much to allocate to the law firm marketing budget next year. This year, COVID-19 has altered this list significantly.
Here are 7 ways to celebrate the holidays in your law firm during these unprecedented times.
1. Zoom Karaoke Christmas Style – Especially with live concerts largely on hold, the people at your law firm may be more willing than ever to share their best (or their worst) version of “All I Want For Christmas Is You.” At the very least, it could be good for a laugh. Here are step-by-step instructions on running virtual karaoke sessions.
2. Secret Santa – Use Elfster’s Secret Santa Generator to organize a good old fashioned gift exchange. It’s designed with remote employees in mind, so you won’t have to stress over the details. Everyone can request what they want and then open their gifts on Zoom.
3. Branded Masks – The holiday season is always a great excuse to order new law firm marketing swag. Promote your law firm while promoting safety by ordering branded masks and sending them to your clients and staff.
4. Support Local Businesses – Check in with your law firm’s favorite restaurant or catering company and see how they’re doing. Many of these businesses have been hit hard and could really benefit from a big delivery order or gift card purchase. Your law firm and your clients will find comfort and joy in the sentiment and the food.
5. Donate To A Worthy Cause – If you have a local charity you partner with, this is a great time to lean into that connection and see how you can help. A law firm marketing agency can give you advice if you’re looking for campaign ideas to make the most of it. You may even want to consider matching the donations of others as a way to increase involvement.
6. Decorating Contest – We’re all at home anyway, so we may as well make the most of our surroundings. Offer a prize for the person at your law firm who makes Clark Griswold look like an amateur.
7. Dress Up – If there was ever a year where dressing like Santa was worth it, this is it. Designate someone at the law firm to ho-ho-ho it up and deliver presents to everyone at your law firm and your favorite clients.
Covid-19 has all of us in a long distance relationship that’s lasting longer than most of us anticipated, but now, more than ever, is a time to boost morale and spread some cheer. Happy Holidays from Market JD!